Baked sea bass is a simple and quick-to-make recipe whose highlights are its versatility and delicious flavor.
It is a very nutritious dish that will never let you down and it is perfect to be served with salad and potatoes.
Sea bass is a white fish that comes from the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean and it is highly valued in cooking.
It can be used to prepare a great number of dishes, all of them with a strong flavor and a delicate texture.
Precisely, one of the most common ways of preparing sea bass is baked, getting a delicious dish and, at the same time, a very nutritious one.
How to prepare baked sea bass?
Before preparing baked sea bass, we must be sure to have the proper piece of fish.
This way, we will verify if we have a firm meat; and if it is a full fish, the eyes must be bright and bulging.
You will know how fresh it is by paying attention to the intensity of the color, because more freshness means a brighter silver color in the belly.
Once we have verified we have a fresh fish it is time to prepare it, and you can do it with its head or without it.
The next step is to add all the ingredients we are going to use in the recipe and take it into the oven which was pre-heated to 200ºC.
We must pay close attention not to cook it too much so it won´t get dry.
The adequate cooking time is 20 minutes per kilogram of fish; so it will depend on the size of the fish we are going to cook.
About the ingredients: they will depend on the recipe because they change from one recipe to another; white wine, lemon, potatoes and mushrooms can be used.
All these variants will be explained in other posts because today we propose you to prepare authentic baked sea bass, the basic recipe from which we will get the rest of the variants.
Baked sea bass recipe
- 1 sea bass 1200 grams
- 1 garlic clove
- 100 mL of fish clear stock
- Salt and pepper as desired
- 20 mL of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
Step by step how to prepare
- If you are going to cook the baked sea bass without the head, cut it off first, then wash the fish well and drain it.
- Then, put it on a tray, add olive oil as you desire so it helps the cooking process and the fish doesn´t get dry. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Add the well-chopped garlic and the fish stock so when it evaporates, it gives the fish flavor and juiciness.
- Take the fish into the pre-heated oven at 200ºC and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning it over at the halfway point. You will know it is ready when it has a white color.
- Take the tray out of the oven and spread chopped parsley over the sea bass and the juices it´s been releasing during the baking.