Cod stuffed pepper is a perfect recipe that will always get you out of trouble if you want to surprise your guests.
The combination of vegetables and fish is irresistible and it is a very light option that will surely delight everyone.
Although it is more frequently prepared on Christmas, you can prepare it at any time of the year, the best thing of all is that it is super easy and delicious.
How to make cod stuffed pepper?
Making cod stuffed pepper is simpler than you think, despite it using quite a few ingredients.
Piquillo peppers are the peppers used in this recipe, but feel free to use any other variety if you wish.
The preparation is divided into two fundamental parts: the preparation of the filling first and then the sauce.
The filling is usually the cod itself mixed with a béchamel sauce and some vegetables.
As for the sauce you can have several options, the most popular are the piquillo pepper sauce and the American sauce.
But this time we will use the piquillo pepper sauce because in addition to being simpler, its flavor combines perfectly with the cod stuffed pepper.
We assure you that when you try this recipe you will love it and you will want to prepare it as soon as possible.
Cod stuffed pepper Recipe
- 12 piquillo peppers
For the filling
- 250 g of cod
- ½ of a leek the white part only
- 1/2 of an onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 300 milliliter of whole milk
- Pepper as desired
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt as desired
- Fresh chopped parsley
For the sauce
- 200 grams of piquillo peppers
- 100 milliliters of whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- ½ of an onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt as desired
Step by step how to prepare
- Chop the white part of the leek and the onion into small cubes; crush the garlic and sauté them in a frying pan with 4 tablespoons of hot olive oil on medium heat.
- When the vegetables are golden brown add the cod and break it down to integrate it very well.
- Then pour the flour, stir to disperse and sauté it for approximately 2 minutes.
- Then add the milk and stir without stopping using manual rods to make a béchamel sauce.
- When it begins to thicken add a pinch of pepper and nutmeg, keep mixing.
- In a couple of minutes the bechamel with cod will be ready, at this time rectify the point of salt and if necessary add another pinch according to your preferences and finally the fresh chopped parsley. Stir to integrate all the ingredients.
- Set aside this mixture in a bowl and we will continue preparing the sauce that will accompany the cod stuffed pepper.
- While the filling is cooling, we will prepare the sauce, chop the onion finely and crush the garlic.
- Then we heat the oil in a frying pan, sauté the chopped piquillo peppers next to the onion and garlic for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the whipping cream and mix until it integrates very well with the rest of the ingredients, add salt and pepper as desired. Mix for 2 more minutes.
- Take it off of the heat and blend everything until there is not a single lump left. With the pepper sauce ready, the next step is to fill the peppers.
- Fill each of the piquillo peppers with the mixture we have prepared and place in a half-deep tray so that the sauce does not spill.
- Pour the sauce over the peppers and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. And we already have our cod stuffed piquillo pepper.
Video. How to Make
Nota: Algunos enlaces en este artículo son de afiliación y podrían generar un ingreso para cocina.guru.