Would you like to prepare the best grilled tuna you’ve ever tasted? Well, this is precisely the recipe we propose you today.
It’s super easy to make and it’s a delicious and healthy dish, so you’ll feel pleased while you enjoy every bite.
Tuna is one of the fish that is most used in healthy diets due to its high content of nutrients such as omega 3, vitamins like A, D, B2, B3, B9 and B12, and essential minerals.
You can have this recipe with baked greens or potatoes, which combine very well with the tuna’s flavor and they’re two very healthy complements.
How to make grilled tuna?
Grilled tuna is a recipe with a low-calories content, which is perfect since it’s also a simple-to-make recipe. Basically, you only need a few ingredients and a little time to get it done.
As we have told on previous occasions, there’s an important rule when it comes to cooking any kind of fish, and it is: do not exceed the cooking time, otherwise the fish will dry out.
This is why that for the portions we’re using today we’re going to need from 3 to 4 minutes to cook each side until they’re ready.
If you have a thicker portion of tuna, just add one more minute of cooking to each side.
If you have a cooking thermometer, it will be better so you can check the adequate temperature. In this case, check the griddle which its temperature is between 170 to 175ºC.
On the other hand, you can just put the temperature of the griddle at medium-high when cooking grilled tuna, and pay close attention so it doesn’t overcook or get burnt.
Let’s learn now how to prepare grilled fresh tuna using a simple marinade you will love.
Grilled tuna recipe
- 2 tuna filets
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Fresh parsley as desired
- Salt and pepper as desired
Step by step how to prepare
- Crush the garlic cloves well and mix them with the lemon juice and a tablespoon of olive oil in a container. Mix them very well until they have integrated and let it all rest for 10 or 15 minutes so the flavor intensifies.
- Then, using a brush, spread this mixture on both sides of the tuna filets and season them with salt and pepper as you desire.
- Heat up the griddle and with the temperature at medium-high, spread the rest of the oil over it. Once it’s hot place the tuna filets and cook them for 3 minutes. After this time, turn them over and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove them from the griddle and serve with the finely cut fresh parsley spread over them.
Video. How to Make
Nota: Algunos enlaces en este artículo son de afiliación y podrían generar un ingreso para cocina.guru.