Today we will teach you how to make cream of carrot soup a delicious, super easy and quick-to-make recipe, perfect to enjoy at any moment, even when you’re running out of time to prepare the meal.
Recipes using vegetables are always welcome, especially because they are light, tasty and full of nutrients.
As we’re used to saying, it’s always important to select the freshest and best-quality ingredients when we’re going to cook, so the result will be marvelous.
For this recipe in particular we’ll choose fresh and firm carrots, with smooth skin.
How to make cream of carrot soup?
Making cream of carrot soup is quite simple, the recipe consists of cooking them well and then blending them along with the rest of the ingredients to give a creamy consistency.
You can also do this step with a whisk since there are only a few ingredients, making the process easier.
It’s important to add the milk bit by bit while blending so you can avoid forming lumps.
Lastly, you have to boil the cream of carrots for a while so the ingredients finish integrating together and also to give it a thick consistency which will also intensify its flavor.
Cream of carrot soup recipe
- cooking pot, blender
- 6 carrots
- Half an onion
- A stick of coriander
- 250 mL or a can of evaporated milk
- 4 slices of yellow cheese
- 45 grams of butter
- Half a teaspoon of pepper
- A teaspoon of salt
Step by step how to prepare
- Start by cooking the carrots in a pot with hot water on medium heat until they’re soft.
- Then, take them out and drain them to cut them into medium pieces.
- Add the cut carrots to the blender, then add just a bit of the milk, the half an onion, the coriander, the cheese, the pepper and the salt.
- Blend for one or two minutes while adding the rest of the milk bit by bit until getting a creamy mixture with no lumps in it.
- The next step is to heat up the butter on high heat and once it’s melted add the mixture of the carrots and stir and mix constantly while it starts boiling.
- Let it cook for one minute and then take it off of the fire. Serve the hot cream of carrot soup in a bowl and enjoy it.