Rice Soup is perfect for a busy day when we can’t spend much time in the kitchen. It’s tasty and comforting and relieves us from the day’s fatigue.
It’s very easily made, with a rich chicken broth in which the rice, chicken breasts, carrots, and vegetables of your choice are cooked. It’s a super simple and straightforward dish, yet so delicious that they’ll surely ask for more at the table.
All you need to make this delicious rice soup are some common ingredients you have at home and about 30 minutes. The result is medicine for the body. Let’s try it!
Rice Soup Recipe
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ yellow onion finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- Homemade seasoned salt and pepper
- 2-3 medium carrots peeled and then thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup of long-grain white rice
- 2 chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 64 oz 8 cups of broth or chicken broth
- 1 ½ tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Step by step how to prepare
- Pour the olive oil into a good-sized pot and heat over medium heat. Once hot, add the carrots and onion, season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cover the pot.
- Then sauté the vegetables until they are soft and tender for about 5 or 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic with the pot uncovered and sauté this way for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once the broth is boiling, add the rice and mix to integrate. Also add the chicken previously seasoned with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Lower the heat to medium and then cook the rice in the broth on low heat for 15 or 20 minutes until it is soft and tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and cover so that the soup rests for about 5 minutes.
- Check the seasonings and serve in bowls nice and hot. Don’t miss making this delicious and pleasant Rice Soup at home, everyone will surely appreciate and enjoy it as much as I do.
April 25, 2020
January 25, 2020
December 19, 2019
Nota: Algunos enlaces en este artículo son de afiliación y podrían generar un ingreso para cocina.guru.