Today we’re going to prepare roasted pumpkin, a mouthwatering, healthy and very simple recipe.
If you feel like enjoying quite a delicious dish, with no further complications or regrets, prepare roasted pumpkin.
This dish is perfect to have with any kind of meal; furthermore, being a low calorie recipe makes it a perfect ally for your health.
How to make roasted pumpkin?
To prepare roasted pumpkin we don’t need any cooking skills.
Believe us! If you follow the steps we explain bellow you’ll get perfect roasted pumpkin that everybody would like to taste.
The most important thing in this recipe is the kind of seasoning we’re going to use, since most of the time they’re greens or spices we have at hand in our kitchens.
On the other hand, the right temperature and time are important in order to give it the perfect finish.
You’ll be surprised by how many variants of roasted pumpkin you can prepare, from very simple ones like the one we’re cooking today to others containing some extra ingredients such as in the case of the stuffed pumpkin.
The flavor of the roasted pumpkin is irresistible, and although you might consider it weird, the pumpkin’s skin will be quite good, and when it’s harder, they detach easily once they’re already cooked.
Roasted pumpkin recipe
- A pumpkin you can use the variety you’d like
- A teaspoon of coriander or rosemary seeds you can use fine herbs instead.
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper as desired
Step by step how to prepare
- First, wash the pumpkin and then cut it as you’d like, it could be lengthwise or into medium cubes. Throw away the seeds and set the pumpkin aside.
- Meanwhile, get the seasonings you’re going to use ready. In a bowl, pour the oil, the coriander or rosemary seeds (or the fines herbs instead), the salt and the pepper. Mix until everything is well integrated.
- Next, add the pumpkin pieces into a plastic bag and add to it the mix of seasonings. Close the bag and shake so the seasonings mix with the pumpkin pieces.
- Place all the seasoned pumpkin pieces onto a tray, and take them to the oven which must be pre-heated at 180 °C, which must have heat in the upper part and a fan in the lower part.
- Roast for 30 or 45 minutes until the edges are brown and the pumpkin is tender. The time depends on the kind of oven and the size of the pumpkin.
- You’ll know it’s ready if when you prick it with a fork in its middle, the fork goes in easily.