We’re sure that the seafood soup recipe we’re presenting you today will make you prepare it again and again.
Its flavor is so good and intense that anyone who tastes it can’t resist the temptation to wolf it down and try it a second time.
Furthermore, this is a highly nutritious dish since it contains a vast variety of ingredients with different properties and benefits for our health.
If you already have tried it previously at some restaurant and you liked it, then you can bet that preparing it at home will make you like it more.
Homemade recipes are always tastier and they have the advantage we can make them according to our preferences.
This is the reason why the seafood soup we explain to make today has variants you can cook and they’ll be just as delicious.
How to make homemade seafood soup?
The best thing about making seafood soup, apart from its delicious flavor, is that its preparation is very simple.
It’s true that the list of ingredients it requires is long, but you can remove some you don’t like, as well as add others you’d prefer more.
However, we can guarantee you that if you make it just as we detail here, the result will be perfect.
The important part of this recipe is to make a fish fumet, or broth, which is going to be the base of the soup, never use only water, otherwise you won’t obtain the flavor we’re looking for.
The next steps are even easier, to make a sauté, to add the just-made fumet and the rest of the seafood, to wait until everything is well-cooked and done.
So, if you’d like to learn how to make homemade and easy seafood soup let’s get down to it and start preparing it.
Seafood soup recipe
- cooking pot
- The spine and the head of a hake
- 1 kg of mussels
- 400 g of uncleaned prawns
- 2 L of water
- 1/2 kg of hake chopped into pieces
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 125 mL of white wine
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of choricero pepper
- 80 g of bread
- Salt and pepper as desired
Step by step how to prepare
- Start by preparing the fumet, or broth, for our seafood soup by putting the mussels in a pot on medium high heat with a dash of water so they can open. Cover up the pot and let it cook for a couple of minutes, when the mussels are open you can remove the pot from the stove.
- In the meantime, clean the prawns and cook their shells for the broth. Put them in another pot with 2 liters of water and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat while you remove the foam that forms on its surface.
- After the 20 minutes have passed, remove the pot from the stove and drain the water from the prawn shells as well as the one from the mussels.
- Set aside a liter of this broth for the soup and the rest you can keep for another recipe or for this one in case you’d like to add more of this broth.
- In order to finish the seafood soup, heat up the oil in a pot on medium heat and sauté the finely cut onion and garlic for one minute.
- Then add the bread and sauté for a couple of minutes before adding the tomato paste, the choricero pepper, the paprika and the wine. Mix everything and cook on medium high heat for 3 minutes
- Pour the liter of the broth we had set aside, mix and keep cooking the soup until it starts boiling for about 5 minutes.
- After this time remove the pot from the fire and blend this mixture in a blender until obtaining a smooth texture with no lumps.
- Put this mixture on the stove one more time, add the cut-up pieces of hake, the clean prawns and the mussels without shells. Mix everything well so the ingredients can integrate.
- Add the salt and the pepper as desired, cook on medium heat for 2 minutes after it starts boiling. Check the salt level and remove it from the stove.
- Serve hot decorated with some fresh parsley leaves.
Video. How to Make
In case you’d like to replace the bread, you can use a soupspoon of flour, the texture and the flavor will still be the same.